Save the Date! November 5–7, 2015
The 5th annual Great Lakes Place-based Education Conference will bring together practitioners and teachers from formal and non-formal education, local partners from communities across the region, and staff of other organizations, all of whom provide vital leadership and resources to the cause of developing environmental stewards of the Great Lakes and its ecosystems.
This year's conference is in Grand Rapids and sessions will take place in one of the two locations noted below.
- Eberhard Center, Grand Valley State University
(301 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI 49504 | Map)
- DeVos Center
(401 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI | Map | GVSU Directions)
Who Should Attend?
This Conference is a MUST for:
- Formal and non-formal educators of any subject or grade level (K–16)
- School administrators who want to establish a curriculum and related instructional practices that focus on place, inspire students to learn, and forge strong partnerships with the community
- Foundations, organizations, or community leaders interested in K–12 education, environmental stewardship, and youth or community development
- Others who want to learn more about place-based education, environmental stewardship, and the Great Lakes region